Many Internet users are used to downloading movies and TV series, although now there are a lot of different services, applications, and sites where you can watch anything you want for a small fee. Some labels even roll out new releases on their services, and you don’t have to go to the movies. But the so-called torrents do not lose popularity.
The Pirate Bay is considered one of the best torrent trackers on the Internet. It allows users to search, download and upload magnet links and torrent files via BitTorrent, which is a peer-to-peer protocol for sharing files. To download files from piratebay mirror, you need to install a BitTorrent client, go to the Pirate Bay site, and then find and download any files you want, such as movies, shows, music, video games, software, and much more.
How the Pirate Bay works
The client app connects to the tracker specified in the file. It sends him his address and the hash sum of the files he wants to download. In return, the tracker sends the client the addresses of other PCs that are distributing the necessary files. From time to time, the tracker sends the client new addresses of the other PCs if they are available in the network.
Clients communicate with each other directly without the participation of the tracker server. The more devices will store the file you need, the faster the downloading process will be since different pieces of the file can be downloaded from a bunch of sources at the same time.
When connecting, clients tell each other what segments they have. The PC that wants to download the segment – it’s called a listener – sends a request, and if the other PC – the sender – is ready to give, the listener gets the segment. The client then checks the checksum of the segment. If it matches what is in the torrent file, then the segment is successfully downloaded, and the client informs all connected that it has the segment. If the checksums differ, the segment starts downloading again. Some clients ban those peers who give out incorrect segments too often.
The order in which segments are exchanged is arranged so that the rarest segments are distributed to clients first, thus increasing the availability of the file on the network. Segments can weigh from 16 to 4096 kilobytes.
How to Download From the Pirate Bay
Next, we will describe how to download any files and documents from The Pirate Bay.
Go to https://thepirateproxybay.com/. You can use any Windows or Mac browser. This is the Pirate Bay site.
- The Pirate Bay changes its URL quite often to avoid sanctions from countries where it is illegal to download torrents. If the above link does not work, open Google or another search engine and type in “pirate bay” to find the new, updated URL of the site;
- If the Pirate Bay is blocked and you can’t get to it, use a VPN, Tor browser, or proxy site;
- There are proxy sites through which you can access Pirate Bay if the main site is blocked. Here are some proxies: https://www.proxysite.com/, https://www.vpnbook.com/webproxy, https://www.filterbypass.me/;
- Using a VPN when downloading torrent files from Pirate Bay is always a good idea. That way, no one, including your internet service provider, can track your actions.
- Enter the name of what you want to download from the Pirate Bay. Enter the name of a movie, TV series, music album, video game, e-book, or any other kind of content. A list of torrents that match your search criteria will appear on the screen.
- Check the box next to the category of files you are interested in to narrow your search. For example, to search for music videos featuring Lady Gaga, put a checkmark next to the “Video” category to display only videos, not music audio files, in the results;
- You can also click on categories above the search box to display recently downloaded torrents, shows, music, or the hundred most popular giveaways.
- Click on the torrent file you want to download. A page will open with detailed information about the torrent file, including the language, file format, audio options, magnet link, and comments from other users about the torrent file.
- Click the magnet link on the torrent page. It says, “Get This Torrent.
- Check your downloaded file for viruses. Before you download torrent files from Pirate Bay, install an antivirus program on your computer and run it, especially on Windows.
- Open the torrent file in a BitTorrent client. This usually happens automatically. But to check if the torrent file appears there, click on the BitTorrent client and then click on the torrent file to highlight it. If the file is not automatically added, locate it on your computer and double-click it to open it in your BitTorrent client.
- Wait for the BitTorrent client to tell you when the download is complete. When the file is downloaded, the BitTorrent client will mark it as “Downloaded” or “100%.
- Open the “Downloads” folder on your computer or the location you set it up with your BitTorrent client. The downloaded torrent file will appear in your download folder.