Dead by Daylight is a horror game that has been developed and published by Behaviour Interactive. It was originally released for Microsoft Windows on June 14, 2016 with an Xbox One version following on July 20th, 2016. A PlayStation 4 version of the game was released on September 28th, 2017.
What is Dead by Daylight
Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4v1) online video game in which one player takes control of the Killer and tries to prevent their victims from escaping or survive until morning; while four other players take control of Survivors that have escaped from various killers at different times and places and try to survive until morning as well. The survivors’ goal is to explore the environment they’re in search of items such as weapons, tools and health packs; while the killer’s goal is to hunt down the survivors and sacrifice them to The Entity.
The survivor’s perspective
The game has four playable Survivors, which are: Dwight Fairfield, Meg Thomas, Claudette Morel and Jake Park. These Survivors all have their own unique abilities that can help in different situations.
Survivors have access to various items, such as weapons, tools and health packs, which can all help them in different situations. These items are scattered in different places across the map. You’ll need to explore in order to find them. Survivors also have a flashlight which they can use to search for items, but this leaves you vulnerable to being hunted by the Killer.
The killer’s perspective
When playing as a Killer you have access to various different perks with each perk offering new ways to hunt and kill the Survivors. You are also given a choice of which character you want to play as, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
Kickers are a new addition to Dead by Daylight and can help both Survivors and Killers alike. Kickers will appear at the end of the match, but only one side (Survivor or Killer) can use them effectively.
The entity’s perspective
When playing as The Entity you have access to various different killer powers, with each power offering new ways to hunt and kill the Survivors. You are also given a choice of which character you want to play as, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
Dead by Daylight beginner guide
Dead by Daylight can be a daunting game, especially when you’re new. Here are some tips to help you get started and hopefully make your experience a little less terrifying.
1. When playing as the Killer, always remember that your goal is to sacrifice the Survivors. Try not to focus too much on attacking them and instead use your time to stalk them and figure out their plan.
2. As a Survivor, always remember that the Killer is trying to hunt you down. Stay together as a team and keep an eye out for any clues that might give away the Killer’s location.
3. Use the environment to your advantage. If you’re being chased by the Killer, try to find somewhere to hide or put up a fight.
4. Pay attention to the sounds around you. Each Killer and Survivor has their own unique audio cues that can help you stay aware of what’s happening in the game.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. There’s no shame in admitting that you’re struggling and there are plenty of people willing to lend a hand.
6. Have fun! If you’re not having a good time, then there’s no point in playing the game.
There you have it, an article that has helped you dive into Dead by Daylight! If you’re struggling, don’t be afraid to ask for help because it’s no shame admitting that someone needs assistance. Have fun playing Dead by Daylight and good luck on escaping! See you next time!